All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFully revised and updated for the seventh edition, this market-leading dictionary is the perfect guide for anyone studying biology, either at school or university. With more than 5,500 clear and concise entries, it provides comprehensive coverage of biology, biophysics, and biochemistry. Over 250 new entries include terms such as Broca's area, comparative gemic hybridization, mirror neuron, and Pandoravirus. Appendices include classifications of the animal and plant kingdoms, the geological time scale, major mass extinctions of species, model organisms and their gemes, Nobel prizewinners, and a new appendix on evolution. Entry-level web links to online resources can be accessed via a companion website.
- Author BiographyRobert Hine was educated at Kings College London and the University of Aberdeen. A professional freelance writer and editor since 1984, he has worked on numerous books and journals for both the UK and American markets. Specialist areas include life sciences, health, and the environment. He is also manager of a community-based website promoting energy efficiency, renewable energy, and sustainability.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication25/06/2015
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleOxford Quick Reference
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteb&w line drawings
- Weight486 g
- Width129 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Edited byElizabeth Martin,Robert C. Hine
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.