All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe result of more than ten years of research, A Dictionary of Creek/Muskogee draws on the expertise of a linguist and a native Creek speaker to yield the first modern dictionary of the Creek language of the southeastern United States. The dictionary contains over seven thousand Creek-English entries, over four thousand English-Creek entries, and over four hundred Creek place names in Alabama, Georgia, Florida, and Oklahoma. The volume also includes illustrations, a map, antonyms, dialects, stylistic information, word histories, and other useful reference material. Entries are given in both the traditional Creek spelling and a modern phonemic transcription. A Dictionary of Creek/Muskogee is the standard reference work for the Creek language.
- Author BiographyJack B. Martin is an associate professor of English at the College of William and Mary and a specialist in southeastern Native languages. Margaret McKane Mauldin is an instructor of Creek at the University of Oklahoma.
- Author(s)Jack B. Martin,Margaret McKane Mauldin
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2004
- Series TitleStudies in the Anthropology of North American Indians
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Content Note14 illustrations, map
- Weight613 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.