All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe book consists of a Japanese-English section, an English-Japanese section, and seventeen appendices. Each entry in the Japanese-English section includes the Japanese term in Roman script; the term in kana or kanji or both; a Latin name where appropriate; an English definition; and, for most entries, a short antation. The English-Japanese section defines important English food terms in Japanese and antates those needing explanation. The appendices focus on important elements of Japanese cuisine, from the making of miso and sake to vegetarianism and the tea ceremony. One hundred line drawings depict everything from the delicate mitsuba leaf to the dreadful okoze fish.
- Author BiographyRichard Hosking holds an M.A. from Cambridge and is Emeritus Professor of Hiroshima Shudo University. He lived in Japan for 25 years and since 1998 has lived in London. He has lectured on Japanese food at the Oxford Symposium on Food and Cookery, the Symposium of Australian Gastronomy, and elsewhere throughout the world.
- Author(s)Richard Hosking
- PublisherTuttle Publishing
- Date of Publication22/12/1997
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTuttle Publishing
- Out-of-print date05/06/2015
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width147 mm
- Height133 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.