All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Dictionary of Mechanical Engineering is one of the latest additions to the market leading Oxford Paperback Reference series. In over 8,500 clear and concise A to Z entries, it provides definitions and explanations for mechanical engineering terms in the core areas of design, stress analysis, dynamics and vibrations, thermodynamics, and fluid mechanics. Topics covered include heat transfer, combustion, control, lubrication, robotics, instrumentation, and measurement. Where relevant, the dictionary also touches on related subject areas such as acoustics, bioengineering, chemical engineering, civil engineering, aeronautical engineering, environmental engineering, and materials science. Useful entry-level web links are listed and regularly updated on a dedicated companion website to expand the coverage of the dictionary. Cross-referenced and including many line drawings, this excellent new volume is the most comprehensive and authoritative dictionary of its kind. It is an essential reference for students of mechanical engineering and for anyone with an interest in the subject.
- Author BiographyTony Atkins is Emeritus Professor of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Reading and Visiting Professor at Imperial College. He has authored over 150 journal articles and several books, including The Science & Engineering of Cutting (Elsevier, 2009). He is a Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering, a Fellow of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers and a Fellow of the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining. Marcel Escudier is Emeritus Professor of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Liverpool. He has written many journal articles and a book, including The Essence of Engineering Fluid Mechanics (Prentice Hall, 1998). He is a Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering and a Fellow of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers.
- Author(s)Marcel Escudier,Tony Atkins
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication25/04/2013
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleOxford Quick Reference
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Notec. 175 line drawings
- Weight308 g
- Width129 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.