Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.99Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWide-ranging and authoritative, this bestselling sociology dictionary is the most informative of its kind. Compiled by a team of sociological experts, under the editorship of Gordon Marshall and John Scott, it is packed with over 2,500 entries. With terms taken from sociology and the related fields of psychology, ecomics, anthropology, philosophy, and political science, it provides widespread coverage of all aspects of sociology, from adaptation to zero tolerance . It also contains biographies covering key figures, such as Gilles Deleuze and Erich Fromm. Jargon-free entries are elaborated with clear descriptions and in-depth analysis, many using real-life examples, making even the most complicated subjects easy to understand. This new edition has been revised to bring the dictionary completely up-to-date, while retaining the concise, clear quality of previous editions. Now boasting many entry-level web links, accessible via the Dictionary of Sociology companion website, this dictionary offers more relevant and useful information than ever before. An invaluable introduction to sociology for beginners, and a key reference work for more advanced students, teachers, and professionals working with sociology and related fields.
- Author BiographyProfessor Gordon Marshall is Vice-Chancellor of the University of Reading. He was formerly Chief Executive of the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC). His previous posts include Official Fellow in Sociology at Nuffield College, Oxford, Professor of Sociology at the University of Bath, and teaching posts at the university of Essex and the London School of Economics. He has held a British Academy Senior Research Fellowship and has also been a visiting Professor at several European universities. He was elected a Fellow of the British Academy in 2000 and awarded a CBE in 2003 for his services to economics and social science.
- Author(s)Gordon Marshall,John Scott
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication22/01/2009
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleOxford Paperback Reference
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Out-of-print date05/08/2014
- Content NoteFigures and tables
- Weight559 g
- Width128 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.