All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.31Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $75.03Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $60.02Trending at AU $60.83
- AU $29.98Trending at AU $31.62
- AU $12.55Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.82
About this product
- DescriptionThe short works of Dostoevsky exist in the very large shadow of his astonishing longer vels, but they too are among literature's most revered works and offer keys to understanding the themes in his longer works. Contained in this volume are the short stories White Nights, A Disgraceful Affair, and The Dream of the Ridiculous Man, three of Dostoevsky's most troubling, moving, and poignant works. Alongside A DISGRACEFUL AFFAIR, Harper Perennial will publish the short fiction of Stephen Crane, Herman Melville, Willa Cather, Leo Tolstoy, and Oscar Wilde to be packaged in a beautifully designed, boldly colorful boxset in the aim to attract contemporary fans of short fiction to these revered masters of the form. Also, in each of these selections will appear a story from one of the new collections being published in 2009. A story from Barb Johnson's forthcoming collection will be printed at the back of this volume.
- Author BiographyFyodor Dostoyevsky was born in Moscow in 1821. He died in 1881 having written some of the most celebrated works in the history of literature, including Crime and Punishment, The Idiot, and The Brothers Karamazov.
- Author(s)Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleShort Story Collections
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight190 g
- Width127 mm
- Height181 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.