Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.92
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionA Divine and Supernatural Light, Immediately Imparted to the Soul by the Spirit of God, Shown to Be Both a Scriptural and Rational Doctrine, was preached by Jonathan Edwards in Northampton, Massachusetts in 1734. Jonathan Edwards explains how the flesh and blood of the natural world differs from the work of the Holy Spirit. He contrasts having an intellectual kwledge of the matters of God, with having supernatural experiential kwledge of the matters of God.
- Author BiographyJONATHAN EDWARDS (1703-1758) was born in East Windsor, Connecticut. His father, Timothy Edwards, was the minister at East Windsor. Jonathan attended Yale to receive his B.A. and M.A. degrees. In 1727, he was ordained and became an assistant pastor with his grandfather, Rev. Solomon Stoddard, at the church in Northampton, Massachusetts. The same year he married Sarah Pierpont with whom he raised a large family. He became active in revivals and is said to be a stimulator of the Great Awakening along with George Whitefield. He became president of the College of New Jersey (Princeton) in 1758.
- Author(s)Jonathan Edwards
- Date of Publication11/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight59 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.