A Documentary History of Art: v. 2: Michelangelo and the Mannerists, the Baroque and the Eighteenth Century by Elizabeth Gilmore Holt (Paperback, 1982)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $49.43Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $28.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by manyhills
- Est. delivery by 9 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe theory and practice of art underwent a number of fascinating changes between the sixteenth and the eighteenth centuries, changes which are clearly revealed in this unique collection of letters, journals, essays, and other writings by the artists and their contemporaries. In the poems of Michelangelo, the Dialogues of Carducho, or the Discourses of Sir Joshua Reylds, one discovers the stylistic and philosophical concerns of the artist, while the record of Veronese's trial before the Holy Tribunal, the diary of Bernini's journey in France, the letters of Rubens and Poussin or biographical sketches of Rembrandt and Watteau reveal t only the personalities but also the conditions of the times. These basic and illuminating documents, w again available in paperback, provide an unparalleled opportunity for insight into the art and ideas of the periods the author discusses.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Gilmore Holt
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/1982
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight514 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.