Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.18
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
About this product
- DescriptionTo the beginner, the star-filled night sky can seem mysterious and unfathomable. But with this book as a guide the awesome nature of the Cosmos is brought down to Earth. Over the course of twelve chapters Mark Thompson, one of the presenters on BBC One's Stargazing Live and the resident astromer on ITV's The Alan Titchmarsh Show, will take you on a journey through space, tackling the key concepts of astromy and unlocking the secrets of the sky. From the origins of our Universe to the ever evolving techniques used to explore deep space, A Down to Earth Guide to the Cosmos traces the journey of galactic discovery that has obsessed mankind for thousands of years. Accompanying the narrative, a series of monthly sky guides focus on the astromical highlights visible at each given time of year, with handy charts to show you exactly what to look for and how to navigate around the sky at night. As fascinating as it is accessible, A Down to Earth Guide to the Cosmos is a must for anyone who gazes up and wishes they knew more about the final frontier...
- Author BiographyMark Thompson is one of the presenters on the BBC Two award winning show Stargazing Live and the resident astronomer on ITV's This Morning. When not gracing our television screens he is most likely writing about the sky, looking at it or flying through it (as a qualified pilot, not a human cannonball). He writes for a number of websites including Discovery News' Space pages and the Space Exploration Network along with a variety of other publications. He is also a regular on Radio Five Live. Born in Norfolk, Mark has had a fascination with all things in the sky ever since he was a small boy and is proud to be a fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society.
- Author(s)Mark Thompson
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication16/01/2014
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBantam Press
- Out-of-print date29/11/2016
- Content Noteillustrations (black and white, and colour)
- Weight564 g
- Width161 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.