All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.52Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
About this product
- DescriptionShort description: A Drop in the Bucket is a journey from despair to hope, from illness to recovery. Melissa Brown explores relationships, love, family, spirituality, class issues and prejudice, while sharing glimmers of hope, moments of pure joy, and appreciation for life. In A Drop in the Bucket, Melissa Brown writes with sometimes brutal honesty about the challenges of living with depression. Her poems inspire compassion and understanding for those who suffer from mental illness. She also expresses her appreciation for the natural beauty of her homeland of Jamaica and reflects on the happy memories of her time there. She offers the gift of her insightful advice for living well and facing the many challenges that we all experience.
- Author BiographyI am originally from Jamaica, West Indies. I moved to New York at the age of 13 in 1990. I am currently writing two more books, a book of poetry and a novel based on my life story. I am also a member of Poetry Society of America. I am submitting 21 poems with them this year, 2012 for 6 awards. I am also learning Vietnamese to help the Vietnamese in my community to find true happiness by studying the Bible and having a close relationship with our Creator. Even though my book was published in 2005, it has had limited marketing. I have sold a few and gave many as gifts to friends and family. After my mom's passing in 2007, I was left with an emptiness that resulted in over 5 years of no promotion. Now i am back in the swing of things, back on the bandwagon, so to speak. I am 36 years old and i have been through a lot that many would be afraid to tell, including a suicidal attempt in which i was badly scarred. I have a Facebook account so you can see pictures of me in my Vietnamese group. I am happy to be alive and to be doing well. If you Google my book, a review by City Voices, a mental health advocate newspaper was done in 2006.
- Author(s)Melissa Brown
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication08/02/2005
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.