All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Falcon Flies is the first bestselling vel in Wilbur Smith's epic tale of Africa, The Ballantyne Novels. In search of a father they barely remember, Zouga and Dr Robyn Ballantyne board Mungo St John's magnificent clipper to speed them to Africa. But long before they sight that mighty continent, Robyn kws that she and Mungo will battle with all the fury of natural enemies - and love with all the desperation of those unable to evade the commands of fate. For if she can bring hope and healing to Africa's fever-ridden shores, he, a lawless trader in human cargo, will possess any man - or woman - he chooses ...Set in 1860, this gripping tale is followed by Men of Men, The Angels Weep and The Leopard Hunts in Darkness.
- Author BiographyWilbur Smith was born in Central Africa in 1933. He was educated at Michaelhouse and Rhodes University. He became a full-time writer in 1964 after the successful publication of When the Lion Feeds, and has since written over thirty novels, all meticulously researched on his numerous expeditions worldwide. His other titles include the successful The Courtneys and The Ballantynes series, and Those in Peril and Vicious Circle, featuring security operative Hector Cross. His books are now translated into twenty-six languages.
- Author(s)Wilbur Smith
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication09/04/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleThe Ballantyne Novels
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPan Books
- Weight486 g
- Width130 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.61Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.04Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.74Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $19.76Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.