All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.05
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.18Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $20.39Trending at AU $30.97
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.43Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionMeet the Drapers -- they're as tough as they come ! The gritty new drama from the Sunday Times bestselling author of Nobody's Girl. Set on the mean streets of 1960s South London. MENACING! The Drapers rule the streets of South London. Everyone's afraid of them -- and that's just how they like it. But when tempers flare and a family feud spirals out of control, tragedy strikes, leaving eldest son Danny in charge. MANIPULATED! But he has shocking plans for the family business and Petula, the baby of the family, becomes the scapegoat for the Draper's dirty dealings. MISSING! Years later, and the once united family has w split up. Petula returns to the place she once called home to face her family as well as her demons, unleashing a terrible secret that could destroy them once and for all!
- Author BiographyKitty Neale was raised in South London and this working class area became the inspiration for her novels. In the 1980s she moved to Surrey with her husband and two children, but in 1998 there was a catalyst in her life when her son died, aged 27. After working for 2 years with other bereaved parents in a support group, Kitty took up writing, and now lives in Spain with her husband.
- Author(s)Kitty Neale
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication11/08/2008
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAVON, a division of HarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Out-of-print date20/02/2012
- Weight288 g
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- swithlandlive07 Jan, 2014by
A well written book that will leave you thinking about the characters .
I found this book to be very moving and I could not put it down. I finished the book in 4 days.I purchased the book because on reading the sellers review of the book , I thought that it was my sort of book. I spend a lot of time in hospital and reading makes the time goes quicker. Especially if the book really interests me.