All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.78
- AU $11.54Trending at AU $16.45
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $14.87
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.74
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $22.68Trending at AU $25.96
- AU $9.42Trending at AU $13.78
About this product
- DescriptionIt is Christmas Eve. The sw is gently falling outside. White is the surrounding countryside and within, all is snug and warm. Gathered around a blazing fire, everyone is content and full of expectation for the excitement of the coming morning, with all its surprises and delights. Then someone among those assembled asks, Where did the tale of Father Christmas came from? They want to kw the origins of the story of a man dressed in red and full of good cheer, driving reindeer across the starry skies, delivering gifts to every child. However, this is a question posed by the enquiring logical mind, seeking to kw the world as it is. Alas it is the wrong one to ask. Father Christmas is a precious gift of the imagination, a link to childhood, and on Christmas Eve, when the waiting world is full of anticipation, it is far better to allow fantasy to take hold.So, it is better to ask, where do you want the tale to come from? In this little book the author has provided an answer in keeping with the Christmas season, one that will awaken the Christmas spirit even in the most cynical, one that will please all, regardless of age, and one that will add to your Christmas cheer. In telling this tale the author has addressed two coexisting aspects of Christmas, represented on the one side by cheerfulness and positive optimism, and on the other by the miserable and cynical view of life. In making this contrast he t only manages to highlight the true meaning of Christmas, but also shows how individual perspectives on Christmas are always matters of personal choice. The story is primarily aimed at adults, but it can be read aloud to younger children. The book is targeted at the seasonal Christmas market and would make an idea gift item.
- Author BiographyPaul T Kidd is a researcher and writer. His aim is to produce literary works that, at one level provide entertaining and stimulating reading, and at another much deeper level, explore profound issues.
- Author(s)Paul T. Kidd
- PublisherCheshire Henbury
- Date of Publication01/09/2007
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationMacclesfield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCheshire Henbury
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight140 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.