All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.80Trending at AU $28.01
About this product
- DescriptionIn this riveting narrative history, women veterans from the world wars, Vietnam, the Gulf War, Afghanistan, and Iraq tell their extraordinary stories. Evelyn M. Monahan and Rosemary Neidel-Greenlee spent fifteen years combing through archives, journals, histories, and news reports, and gathering thousands of eyewitness accounts, letters, and interviews for this unprecedented chronicle of America s few good women. Women today make up more than fifteen percent of the U.S. armed forces and serve alongside men in almost every capacity. Here are the stories of the battles these women fought to march beside their brothers, their tales of courage and fortitude, of indignities endured, of injustices overcome, of the blood they ve shed and the comrades they ve lost, and the challenges they still face in the twenty-first century.</p>
- Author Biography<b>Evelyn M. Monahan</b>, a retired psychologist, served in the Women s Army Corps from 1961 until 1967. She subsequently earned her M.Ed. and Ph.D. at Georgia State University and her M.Div. in theology and ethics at Emory University. She worked at the Department of Veterans Affairs from 1980 to 1996. <b>Rosemary Neidel-Greenlee</b> served in the U.S. Navy Nurse Corps on active duty from 1962 until 1965 and on reserve duty between 1989 and 1991. She has a master s degree in nursing from Emory University and worked at the U.S. Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Atlanta from 1981 to 2002.
- Author(s)Evelyn Monahan,Rosemary Neidel-Greenlee
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication15/08/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2011
- ImprintFodor's Travel Publications Inc.,U.S.
- Out-of-print date09/02/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight463 g
- Width135 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.