All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Field Guide to Coastal Fishes is a comprehensive, current, and accurate identification guide to the more than 1,000 nearshore and offshore fishes that live in brackish and marine waters from Maine to Texas. Val Kells and Kent Carpenter bring decades of experience to this project. With Kells' detailed, vivid illustrations and Carpenter's deep kwledge of biology, taxomy, and menclature, this book captures the stunning diversity of species along America's eastern shores. Key features of the book include: * more than 1,000 full-color illustrations, set side-by-side with descriptions of each fish* details about the biology of each species* habitat, distribution, and size information Reliable and up-to-date, A Field Guide to Coastal Fishes is the most complete book ever published on East and Gulf Coast fishes-perfect for boat, home, or classroom. Its beautiful design and accessible format make it an ideal guide for fishermen, divers, students, scientists, naturalists, and fish enthusiasts alike.
- Author BiographyVal Kells is a marine science illustrator whose clients include publishers, designers, museums, nature centers, and aquariums. Her work has appeared in over 30 public aquariums and museums and numerous publications. Kent Carpenter is a professor in the Department of Biological Sciences at Old Dominion University. He is author and editor of numerous publications, including the multivolume FAO Species Identification Guide for Fishery Purposes.
- Author(s)Kent E. Carpenter,Valerie A. Kells
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication04/03/2011
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Note1272, 1079 colour illustrations, 192 black & white illustrations, 1 maps
- Weight794 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.