All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.05
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.18Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $20.39Trending at AU $30.97
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.43Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionA te about the price: This book is of a rare nature, t for the general public, and the author has priced it accordingly. Less affluent readers are invited to pursue used copies or contact the author directly. A pragmatic reference replete with tips and easy-to-digest tidbits from folklore, physics, and literature, this Field Guide is at once a commonplace book, a work of refined playfulness and wit, and ultimately a self-help tool for centering and opening awareness through active listening. Blending the author's signature sensitivity to the awe and magic wrapped up in folkloric phemena with a tongue-in-cheek bending of scientific principles to his fanciful purpose, this concise book uniquely balances humor, scholarship, spirituality, and imagination. As readers open their ears and awaken their inner senses, they are guided to effortlessly attune to whispers of the soul. Readers may set off in search of hearing a unicorn, but through deep listening they are likely to encounter their higher selves. Dozens of easy-to-grasp, deceptively sensible illustrations expertly marry science and whimsy. Delightful, enchanting, and unique, it is perhaps the ultimate in whimsical zoology.
- Author BiographyCraig Conley is a curator, benefactor, philosopher, author, music producer, and documentarian. A former college teacher of writing and literature, he left academia to pursue his research into one-letter words, two-fold deities, and ancient Zen versions of Rock-Paper-Scissors. In addition to his Magic Words: A Dictionary and One-Letter Words: A Dictionary, he has written several educational titles, including four editions of the textbook Human Diversity: A Guide for Understanding, published by McGraw-Hill. His latest documentary, David Lynch and His Precursors, traces the avant-garde filmmaker's influence through time, to movies that predate Lynch's own body of work.
- Author(s)Craig Conley
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication01/05/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.