All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.45
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $18.20Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a thorough overview of the recent financial crisis from the perspective of both industry practitioners and academics specialising in the area.
- Author BiographyDimitrios D. Thomakos is Professor of Applied Econometrics and Head of the Department of Economics at the University of Peloponnese, Greece, and Senior Fellow and Member of the Scientific Committee at the Rimini Center for Economic Analysis in Italy. Dimitrios holds an MA, MPhil and PhD from the Department of Economics of Columbia University. His research work has appeared in several prestigious international journals in economics and finance such as the Review of Economics and Statistics, the Canadian Journal of Economics, the Review of International Economics, the Journal of Empirical Finance, the International Review of Financial Analysis, the International Journal of Forecasting and others. He has been a guest co-editor for Mathematical & Computer Modelling, an editorial board member of the Journal of Modern Applied Statistical Methods and now serves at the editorial board of the International Journal of Energy and Statistics. He is also the co-founder of QuantF.com. Dr. Platon Monokroussos is Deputy General Manager and Chief Market Economist at Eurobank Ergasias S.A. He is member of the Scientific Council of the Hellenic Bank Association and member of the Economic and Monetary Affairs Committee (EMAC) of the European Banking Federation. He is also a member of Board of Directors of Eurobank Properties REIC, a public company which manages one of the most important commercial property portfolios in Greece and Eastern Europe. He holds a Professional Qualification Certificate for the provision of investment services (type D) issued by the Bank of Greece. Before joining Eurobank, he held high-level positions in leading financial institutions, including ABN AMRO and Bank of America. Dr. Monokroussos holds a Bachelor's degree in theoretical Mathematics (University of Crete, Greece), Masters Degrees in Economics (Clark University, Worcester, MA USA) and Business Administration (Boston College, Wallace E. Carroll School of Management Boston, MA USA) as well as a Diploma in Business and Corporate Leadership from Harvard Business Publishing. He received his Ph.D. from the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (doctorate thesis on foreign exchange microstructure). Professor Kostas I. Nikolopoulos DEng, MEng (???), P2P, ITP (Kellogg-Northwestern) is the Director of forLAB, the forecasting laboratory (www.forLAB.eu) in Bangor Business School. He is an expert in Time Series Analysis & Forecasting, Forecasting Support Systems and forecasting the impact of Special Events. Professor Nikolopoulos received his Engineering Doctorate in 2002 and his Diploma in Electrical and Computer Engineering (MEng) in 1997, both from National Technical University of Athens (???). He has worked in the past for the University of Manchester and other prestigious institutions in U.K. and Greece, and now holds the Chair in Decision Sciences in Bangor Business School and is the College Director of Research (Assistant Dean/Research) for the College of Business, Law, Education and Social Sciences in Prifysgol Bangor University. His work has appeared in IJF, JoF, EJOR, JORS, Omega, IJPE, IJPR, IMA JMM, JBR, JCIS, IMDS, AE among other journals, and he is an Associate Editor of Oxford IMA Journal of Management Mathematics and Supply Chain Forum: An International Journal. He is co-originator of the Theta forecasting method and the ADIDA temporal aggregation method-improving framework.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication30/09/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitlePalgrave Macmillan Studies in Banking and Financial Institutions
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note53 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight580 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byDimitrios D. Thomakos,Konstantinos I. Nikolopoulos,Platon Monokrousses
- Edition Statement1st ed. 2015
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.