All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.98
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionA First Course in Functional Analysis lucidly covers Banach spaces, continuous linear functionals, the basic theorems of bounded linear operators, Hilbert spaces, operators on Hilbert spaces, spectral theory and Banach algebras usually taught as a core course to post-graduate students in mathematics. The special distinguishing features of the book includes the establishment of the spectral theorem for the compact rmal operators in the infinite dimensional case exactly in the same form as in the finite dimensional case and a detailed treatment of the theory of Banach algebras leading to the proof of the Gelfond - Neumark structure theorem for Banach algebras.
- Author BiographyD. Somasundaram.: Professor of Mathematics (Retd.), University of Madras
- Author(s)D. Somasundaram
- PublisherAlpha Science International Ltd
- Date of Publication18/09/2006
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAlpha Science International Ltd
- Width180 mm
- Height240 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.