Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.35Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.39
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $70.35Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $74.12Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.59
About this product
- DescriptionA Focus on Fractions is the first book to make cognitive research on how students develop their understanding of fraction concepts readily accessible and understandable to pre- and in-service K- 8 mathematics educators. This important resource assists teachers in translating research findings into their classroom practice by conveying detailed information about how students develop fraction understandings as well as common student misconceptions, errors, preconceptions, and partial understandings that may interfere with students learning. Using extensive antated samples of student work, as well as vignettes characteristic of classroom teachers' experiences, this book equips educators with kwledge and tools to reveal students' thinking so that they can modify their teaching to improve student learning of fractions concepts. Special Features: * End of Chapter Questions provide teachers the opportunity to analyze student thinking and consider instructional strategies for their own students. * Instructional Links help teachers relate concepts from the chapter to their own instructional materials and programs. * Big Ideas and Research Reviews frame the chapters and provide a platform for meaningful exploration of the teaching of fractions. * Answer Key posted online offers extensive explanations of in-chapter questions. A Focus on Fractions bridges the gap between what mathematics education researchers have discovered about the learning of fraction concepts and what teachers need to kw to make effective instructional decisions.
- Author BiographyMarjorie M. Petit is an educational consultant in mathematics curriculum, instruction, and assessment. Robert E. Laird works with the Vermont Mathematics Initiative and is a Lecturer in Mathematics at the University of Vermont. Edwin L. Marsden is Professor of Mathematics and former chair of the Department of Mathematics at Norwich University.
- Author(s)Caroline B. Ebby,Edwin L. Marsden,Marjorie M. Petit,Robert E. Laird
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/06/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleStudies in Mathematical Thinking and Learning Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date09/10/2015
- Content Note14 black & white tables, 237 black & white line drawings
- Weight418 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.