All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionPeople with high blood triglycerides are bombarded with nutrition information every day. Many have tried different diets including a low-fat diet with little or success. In this book, Yuchi Yang, a registered dietitian, provides four simple steps to lowering your blood triglycerides: Step 1: Limit processed sugar to 6 teaspoons. Step 2: Eat the right amount of carbohydrates. Step 3: Consume oils and fats in moderation. Step 4: Have an adequate amount of dietary fiber. This book is designed to be a workbook that you can refer to and record your success. Each step starts with some facts and ends with a tool that you can use to track your progress. There are relevant tools and tables included in this book. When you make your own meal plan, you can refer back to the tables and examples. In addition, this book provides answers to some of the most frequently asked questions. For example: Are smoothies healthy? How much oil do you need? What is a good ratio of different fats? The author, Yuchi Yang, has been a registered dietitian for more than twenty years. She has helped many of her clients lower their blood triglycerides through dietary changes. Here is a quote from one of her clients: I recently got my latest lab results (including triglycerides) and I have finally reached the rmal ranges for all the indicators you mentioned in our last appointment. Thanks a lot!
- Author BiographyYuchi Yang, the author, is a registered dietitian with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. She received her master degree in Nutritional Science from the University of Connecticut, interned at Children's Hospital, Los Angeles, and at UCLA Medical Center. The author grew up in Taipei where many streets are dedicated to food. Eating is ingrained in the culture and celebration. Since childhood, she has learned to appreciate the importance of food to health. The author is passionate about helping people address their nutritional questions and concerns. She started her nutrition business, American Nutrition Counseling, LLC, in Issaquah, Washington in 2012. Prior to that, she practiced nutrition at hospitals, community clinics, and government agencies for twenty-five years on a wide range of nutrition topics and medical diagnoses. The author has published several books. In her books, she uses a style of writing that is simple and direct. Yuchi Yang is the author of -A Food Guide to Lowering Blood Pressure: 6 Simple Steps- and -A Food Guide to Lowering Blood Triglycerides: 4 Simple Steps-. These two books are designed to be workbooks that the readers can use to record positive changes in their diets.
- Author(s)Yuchi Yang Rd
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication04/12/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight127 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.