All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
About this product
- DescriptionAre you planning on visiting London but loathe the idea of large tour groups? Do you have passion for good food and wine, and eating out at the latest sh pits about town? Do you have a penchant for shopping and an eagle eye for combining current and vintage fashion trends with the basics? Do you want to kw where the locals hang out, their secret little gems, instead of being caught in the tourist traps? And lastly, don't you just WISH someone would put all this information down in a small, handy book! Take yourself from safe to standout in London with the invaluable information inside this book. You will learn: * The hot and happening places in this dynamic city, borough by borough; where the people-in-the-kw shop, dine and play. * The best places to stay in London, from charming B&B's and chic boutique establishments to the lap of 5-star luxury. * A comprehensive guide to British social etiquette, from how t to look like a vice at High Tea to the appropriate way to dress for Royal Ascot. * A guide to all the must-see sights of London, plus a plethora of stunning day trips. Victoria Ugarte draws on the best of local kwledge, and her bi-yearly travels to London with the fashion industry, in her latest book, A Foodie and Fashionista's Guide To London. Written in a relaxed and irreverent manner, and brimming with practical information from shop-happy and food-savvy locals, you'll get the low down on London's climate and what to pack, getting around on public transport, and the best places to eat, stay and play in London's inner boroughs. This book will have you armed and ready to make the most of this exciting city, whatever the season you choose to travel. Here's what other have had to say about A Foodie & Fashionista's Guide To London Claudia Chan Shaw, Fashion Designer, Author and Television Presenter: This handy guide is a thorough and entertaining tour through one of the world's most fascinating and exciting cities. With tips on getting around this great metropolis, Victoria includes warnings of the perils of taking an unlicensed mini cab, gives a snapshot of the best family-run B & B's, the handiest serviced apartments right through to the most luxurious of celebrity haunts. This guide covers all budgets. Perhaps the most useful section of A Foodie & Fashionista's Guide to London is the breakdown of where to eat and shop in London's many Boroughs. London is huge! It's t just about the Tower of London and Harrod's. Each Borough has its own distinct flavour and Victoria Ugarte gently takes us by the hand to seek out the quirky and unusual. She tracks down the original ballet pump and the coolest Lulu Guinness handbag. Recommends the best fish and chips in town, plus takes us on a run through the most famous vintage markets in the world. Be transported. London, here we come! And this from Sally Breen, gallery owner: This is a terrific guide to London. I spend many weeks every year in the leading global capitol. Victoria Ugarte's guide embodies Bruce Chatwin's axiom...'walking is a virtue, tourism is a deadly sin.' Leave your iPad/iPhone tourist apps in the hotel - this book compels you to walk the city and compose your own journey. From Kandy Russo, Sydney Stylist: If Victoria has recommended it, you can be sure it will be enjoyable and to your liking. A Foodie and Fashionistas Guide to London will become like your American Express card - 'don't leave home without it'. If you expect to have a fabulous and delicious time in London, study the pages religiously as you plan your trip and keep it close by during your journey for all the insider tips. You're guaranteed to become the expert on London's hot restaurants and shopping gems. And lets face it, are there any more enjoyable pastimes than eating and shopping? Congratulations Victoria on ather essential guide!
- Author BiographyVictoria Ugarte, the Intrepid Traveler, is becoming known around the world as one of the most recognized faces of travel and culturally correct behavior. Her journey to this acclaim started in her country of birth, and childhood, in the Philippines. Raised in Manila in the 1960's, Victoria's father, publisher of former national newspaper The Philippines Herald, regularly interacted with foreign dignitaries, businessmen, and expatriates from all over the world, giving Victoria the opportunity to form solid friendships with people from different nationalities. Being blessed with such a diverse and colorful group of friends, Victoria was exposed to different languages, customs, and cuisines from an early age, giving her the feeling of belonging to the world. At the age of eight, she was bitten by the travel bug when she traveled to Madrid with her family, where she connected with her Spanish roots and lived for several months. After migrating to Australia with her family in the 70's, fashion and travel became synonymous with Victoria's career. With over 25 years in the Australian fashion industry, Victoria traveled regularly all over Australia and the world on business, dipping into wonderful and exotic places, as well as more traditional destinations, interacting with people from a wide variety of cultures. After the Global Financial Crisis of 2007, Victoria felt it was time to hang up her fashion hat and focus on her dual passions, that of traveling and writing. Ever inspired by the spirit of adventure of her muse, Amelia Millie Earhart, Victoria established her widely popular travel blog in 2008, Postcards From Millie. Ever the intrepid traveler, she continues to spend 3 months out of every year traveling the world, keeping her readers posted on exciting destinations, latest travel tips, and inspiring them to Explore. Discover. Live. Victoria has authored several books with Amazon, including The Travel Bible For Women: A Complete Guide To Safe & Smart Travel and Culture Savvy For Women: A Complete Guide To Culturally Correct Behavior Around The World. She regularly publishes travel articles for Her Magazine (NZ) and Pink (NZ). Contact Victoria, wherever she is in the world, to speak at your event or comment in the media by going to www.ExploreMyWorldTravel.com.
- Author(s)Victoria Ugarte
- PublisherExplore My World Publishing
- Date of Publication24/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintExplore My World Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.