All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
About this product
- DescriptionA Forest Full Of Monkeys is the story of how my life unfolded after I left Naples in Italy to discover the world. While reading A Forest Full Of Monkeys, you will journey with me on one of the funky ships that until 1991 plied between Bombay and Goa. You will visit a fancy brothel in Bangkok. You will be lodging in a ryokan in Kyoto within the old red light district of the city. You will risk your life trekking through deep jungle in Kerala to reach a secluded hemp field. You will go to the Hindukush Mountains to score a couple of kilos of hashish. You will sit in a beaten up lorry, driving through the sun drenched Afghan desert. You will find out what it is like to be in a Japanese jail for two years. You will have lovers and enemies. You will be cheated, robbed, and betrayed, but you will always bounce back and keep going. And that's t all. It's the story of my life. Make it yours with a bit of imagination.
- Author BiographyAnd there I was, coming out of a warm and cozy womb into the cold air of a January afternoon in 1951, all the while wondering whether I was doing the right thing, but really I had no choice in the matter. The script could not be changed, and so I kept believing for the next 21 years, until one fateful morning in 1972. I was trying to follow a lecture at the University of Naples that morning, the classroom was packed with students, and I was standing, confused and sweaty, way in the back of the crowd without understanding a word of what the lecturer was saying. And then, all of a sudden, I asked myself if I had to do what I was doing and the answer came loud and clear: I didn't! What I wanted to do was get out of stuffy classrooms and explore the world. As a consequence I left Naples and a long journey began.While on the road, to support myself I worked, when I needed to make some money, doing whatever job was available wherever I was. I was a waiter in a fancy hotel. I was an offset printer operator in a plastic containers factory. I was an apprentice cook in a famous Swiss restaurant, a language teacher in Japan, and more. I was married; divorced, and had several meaningful relationships that eventually lost their meaning. At present I reside in a small village in South India, and aside from writing, what I do mostly nowadays is my best to keep out of troubles.
- Author(s)G Albero
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication30/10/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight242 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.