All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionRaised in desperate poverty, Sir Thomas Lipton built a global empire of markets, factories and stockyards with a prodigious talent for business and a shameless flare for self-promotion. He created the first chain of grocery stores before setting his sights on the tea trade, but in his day he was equally famous for another exploit: his pursuit of the international sailing trophy, the America's Cup. Now, a Pulitzer Prize- winning journalist chronicles this larger-than life character.
- Author BiographyMichael D'Antonio is the author of many acclaimed books, including <i>Atomic Harvest, Tin Cup Dreams</i>, <i> Mosquito</i>, <i> The State Boys Rebellion</i>, <i> Hershey</i>, and <i>Forever Blue</i>. His work has appeared in <i>Esquire</i>, <i>The New York Times Magazine</i>, the <i>Los Angeles Times Magazine</i>, <i>Discover</i>, and other publications. Among his many awards is the Pulitzer Prize, which he shared with a team of reporters for <i>Newsday</i>.
- Author(s)Michael D'Antonio
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication25/08/2011
- SubjectBiography: Business
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRiverhead Books,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.