All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $96.38Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.69
About this product
- DescriptionMike Barron is t as young as he was - though he's t quite ready to accept it. Fifty eight years old, redundant, and showing all the signs of late middle age, he still manages to deceive himself into believing that he can attract women. But when the husband of his long-term lover Rosie dies he finds himself having to decide whether the affair should end and marriage begin. His answer is escape - a trial separation in a seemingly quiet seaside town. And so he begins a very strange and eventful year; a year in which to decide whether he really is grown up eugh to face responsibility. This is Alan Brownjohn's third vel. The Way You Tell Them won the Author's Club Award for best first vel of its year. His second, The Long Shadows, was hailed in The New Statesman as the best fiction to come out of the 1989-90 changes in Eastern Europe and described as 'a consummate literary thriller'. In A Funny Old Year he rings the changes again with a glorious comedy.
- Author BiographyAlan Brownjohn is also the author of nine books of poems, seven of which were included in Collected Poems (1988). He has been a regular reviewer and literary journalist for the Times Literary Supplement, the New Statesman. Encountor and the Sunday Times as well as a frequent contributor to BBC Radio poetry programmes. From 1982 to 1988 he was Chairman of the Poetry Society. He lives in Belsize Park, London.
- Author(s)Alan Brownjohn
- PublisherDewi Lewis Publishing
- Date of Publication06/01/2001
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationStockport
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDewi Lewis Publishing
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.