All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
About this product
- DescriptionA year-long regimen of chemotherapy and radiotherapy wasn't quite what Luke Ryan had in mind when he turned 22. Especially having been through the same rigmarole when he was 11! Needless to say, Luke Ryan is eyeing off 33 warily. There's only one course of action to take after you've fought off cancer twice - stand-up comedy. Growing out of a sell-out show at the Melbourne Comedy Festival, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Chemo is a warm-hearted and hilarious memoir from someone who has laughed in the face of more adversity than most of us would face in a lifetime. Luke's is a life marked by cancer, t defined by it. These are stories of growing up, getting sick, getting better, getting sick again, dating while bald, keeping your semen in the freezer and living life to the full.
- Author BiographyLuke Ryan is a Melbourne-based freelance writer and comedian. He has written for a number of publications including The Age, Smith Journal, The Lifted Brow, The Vine, Crikey, Kill Your Darlings, and many more, and performs regularly with a sketch-comedy outfit called the Lords of Luxury.
- Author(s)Luke Ryan
- PublisherAffirm Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2014
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationMulgrave, VIC
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAffirm Press
- Weight392 g
- Width154 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.