All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionHans Urs von Balthasar, one of the preeminent theologians of Roman Catholic theology in the modern-era, constructed a theological world suffused by the literary, a vision carried across over 16 volumes of his magnum opus. A Generous Symphony offers a balanced appraisal of Balthasar's literary achievement and explicates Balthasar's literary criticism as a distinctive theology of revelation, which offers possibilities for understanding how divine presence may be manifested outside the canical boundaries of Christian tradition. The structure of A Generous Symphony is a chrological presentation of the Balthasarian can of imaginative literature, which allows readers to see how social and historical interests guide Balthasar's readings in the pre-Christian, medieval, and modern eras. Balthasar's deep investment in the uniqueness of Christian revelation is underlined, while, at the same time, his aesthetic sympathies cause him to invest literature with 'quasi-sacramental' status.
- Author BiographyChristopher D. Denny is an associate professor of theology at St. John's University in New York. He is the co-editor of A Realist's Church (2015) and Empowering the People of God: Catholic Action before and after Vatican II (2013).
- Author(s)Christopher Denny
- PublisherFortress Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/11/2016
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFortress Press,U.S.
- Weight567 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.