Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.18
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $117.44
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $106.89
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $86.21
About this product
- DescriptionComprehensive and authoritative, this text offers an accessible introduction to post-Soviet Eurasia. Students get a solid grounding in the physical, cultural, political, and ecomic geography of this rapidly changing region. Core thematic chapters focus primarily on Russia but also incorporate relevant information on the other 14 former Soviet republics. Regional chapters provide concise discussions of each republic and of Russia's main regions. Student-friendly features include engaging vignettes, review questions, exercises, recommendations for further reading, and Internet resources. The volume's over 200 original maps, photographs, and other figures are also available as PowerPoint slides at the companion website.
- Author BiographyMikhail S. Blinnikov is Professor of Geography and Graduate Coordinator at St. Cloud State University in St. Cloud, Minnesota. He is a native of Moscow, Russia, and has traveled widely and conducted extensive fieldwork in the former Soviet Union. Dr. Blinnikov's research and publications focus on the late Pleistocene biogeography of grasslands; phytolith analysis; remote sensing/geographic information systems; protected natural areas and green spaces in and near cities; young-naturalist movements and nongovernmental organizations; and Orthodox religious landscapes.
- Author(s)Mikhail S. Blinnikov
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication01/01/2011
- Series TitleTexts in Regional Geography
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight970 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.