All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.72
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionBoasting photographs, fun facts, and visitor information, this unique (and spooky)travel guide showcases the 15 most haunted places in America. Each chapter is laid out in an easy-to-read format and includes fascinating history and documented pararmal activities. The tour includes the Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum, where experimental lobotomies were performed and it is believed that many of tormented spirits are still roaming around; Moon River Brewing Company, where one is allowed to go to the top floor because of the ghost that resides there; Shanghai Tunnels, where men and women were kidnapped and forced into servitude, the poor souls of whom are w encountered on visitor tours; the Pirates' House, where pirate ghosts still demand rum; and Ohio State Reformatory, where prisoners remain incarcerated even though it has been closed for a long time. The information about each site includes addresses, tips, accessibility, and websites.
- Author BiographyTerrance Zepke is a journalist and seasoned world traveler who has studied parapsychology at the acclaimed Rhine Research Center in Durham, North Carolina. She has been featured on many programs on NPR, CNN, the Learning Channel, and the Travel Channel, and in publications, such as the Washington Post and Travel with Rick Steves. She lives in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
- Author(s)Terrance Zepke
- PublisherSafari Publishing
- Date of Publication23/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectThe Paranormal
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSafari Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.