A Gift of Hope: Helping the Homeless by Danielle Steel (Paperback / softback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.09Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $15.91Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn her powerful memoir His Bright Light, #1 New York Times bestselling author Danielle Steel opened her heart to share the devastating story of the loss of her beloved son. In A Gift of Hope, she shows us how she transformed that pain into a campaign of service that enriched her life beyond what she could imagine. For eleven years, Danielle Steel took to the streets with a small team to help the homeless of San Francisco. She worked anymously, visiting the cribs of the city's most vulnerable citizens under cover of darkness, distributing food, clothing, bedding, tools, and toiletries. She sought publicity for her efforts and remained anymous throughout. Now she is speaking to bring attention to their plight. In this unflinchingly honest and deeply moving memoir, the famously private author speaks out publicly for the first time about her work among the most desperate members of our society. She offers achingly acute portraits of the people she met along the way--and issues a heartfelt call for more effective action to aid this vast, deprived population. Determined to supply the homeless with the basic necessities to keep them alive, she ends up giving them something far more powerful: a voice. By turns candid and inspirational, Danielle Steel's A Gift of Hope is a true act of advocacy and love. Praise for A Gift of Hope [A] moving call for action. --Kirkus Reviews Moving . . . The mega-selling, toriously private author . . . is candid and honest about her own private life in a way we've never seen before. --Books for Better Living Most assume that Steel's life is as glamorous as her fiction. . . . The real Steel is a bit more complicated. --San Francisco Chronicle From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyDanielle Steel has been hailed as one of the world's most popular authors, with over 600 million copies of her novels sold. Her many international bestsellers include The Sins of the Mother, Friends Forever, Betrayal, Hotel Vendome, Happy Birthday, 44 Charles Street, and other highly acclaimed novels. She is also the author of His Bright Light, the story of her son Nick Traina's life and death, and the memoir The Gift of Hope.
- Author(s)Danielle Steel
- Date of Publication29/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight172 g
- Width134 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.