A Gift to My Children: A Father's Lessons for Life and Investing by Jim Rogers (Hardback)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $28.90Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by pozorbooks
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionHe's the swashbuckling world traveler and legendary investor who made his fortune before he was forty. Now the bestselling author of <b>A Bull in China, Hot Commodities</b>, and <b>Adventure Capitalist</b> shares a heartfelt, indispensable guide for his daughters (and all young investors) to find success and happiness. In <b>A Gift to My Children</b>, Jim Rogers offers advice with his trademark candor and confidence, but this time he adds paternal compassion, protectiveness, and love. Rogers reveals how to learn from his triumphs and mistakes in order to achieve a prosperous, well-lived life. For example: - Trust your own judgment: Rogers sensed China's true potential way back in the 1980s, at a time when most analysts were highly skeptical of its prospects for growth.- Focus on what you like: Rogers was five when he started collecting empty bottles at baseball games instead of playing.- Be persistent: Coming to Yale from rural Alabama, and in over his head, Rogers never stopped studying and wound up with a scholarship to Oxford.- See the world: In 1990, Rogers traveled through six continents by motorcycle, gaining a global perspective and learning how to evaluate prospects in rapidly developing countries such as Brazil, Russia, India, and China.- Nothing is really new: anything deemed invative or unprecedented is usually just overhyped, as in the case of the Internet or TV, airplanes, and railroads before it- And t a bit off the subject, and very important: Boys will need you more than you'll need them! Wise and warm, accessible and inspiring, <i></i><b>A Gift to My Children</b> is a great gift for all those just starting to invest in their futures.
- Author BiographyJim Rogers co-founded the Quantum Fund before he turned 30 and retired at age thirty-seven. Since then, he has served as a sometime professor of finance at Columbia University's business school, and as a media commentator worldwide. He is the author of <b>A Bull in China, Hot Commodities, Adventure Capitalist, </b> and <b>Investment Biker</b>. He recently moved to Asia with his wife and daughters.
- Author(s)Jim Rogers
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- SubjectMoney & Consumer Issues
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Weight249 g
- Width150 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.33Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $74.05Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.