All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b>The dazzling, fearless debut vel that won the Baileys Women's Prize for Fiction and the book the <i>New York Times</i> hails as a future classic .</b> In scathing, furious, unforgettable prose, Eimear McBride tells the story of a young girl s devastating adolescence as she and her brother, who suffers from a brain tumor, struggle for a semblance of rmalcy in the shadow of sexual abuse, denial, and chaos at home. Plunging readers inside the psyche of a girl isolated by her own dangerously confusing sexuality, pervading guilt, and unrelenting trauma, McBride s writing carries echoes of Joyce, O Brien, and Woolf. <i>A Girl is a Half-formed Thing</i> is a revelatory work of fiction, a vel that instantly takes its place in the can.
- Author BiographyAward-winning author <b>Eimear McBride</b> was born in 1976 and grew up in Ireland. At twenty-seven she wrote<i>A Girl is a Half-formed Thing</i>and spent just under a decade trying to have it published. The novel went on to win the Baileys Women's Prize for Fiction, the Desmond Elliot Prize, the Kerry Group Irish Novel of the Year, the Goldsmiths Prize, and the Geoffrey Faber Memorial Prize, among others. She currently lives in Norwich with her family. Her second novel is <i>The Lesser Bohemians</i>.
- Author(s)Eimear McBride
- PublisherHogarth Press
- Date of Publication09/06/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHogarth Press
- Weight227 g
- Width132 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.37Trending at AU $30.92
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $56.63Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.08
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.