Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
About this product
- DescriptionThis book covers alphabetically both the major concepts in political theory and the key writers in the field. While ensuring accuracy and objectivity, the entries represent interpretations that are both challenging and interesting. The premise underlying the book is that politics cant be studied without theory, in which case the more concrete and relevant the theory, the better. Presenting theory in an abstract fashion makes it daunting for students who can find it difficult to see the links between theory and practice. The definitions in this glossary therefore relate political ideas to political realities (i.e. everyday controversies) in an attempt to make them as lively, stimulating and accessible as possible. Terms are selected based upon the concepts most regularly used in teaching.
- Author BiographyJohn Hoffman is Emeritus Professor of Political Theory at the University of Leicester. He is author of Marxism and the Theory of Praxis (Lawrence and Wishart, 1975), Marxism, Democracy and Revolution (B. R. Gruner, 1983), The Gramscian Challenge (Blackwell, 1984), State, Power and Democracy (Wheatsheaf Press, 1988), Tomorrow is Built Today (with Andrew Nyathi, Anvil Press, 1990), Beyond the State (Polity Press, 1995), Sovereignty (Open University Press, 1998), Gender and Sovereignty (Palgrave, 2001) and Citizenship Beyond the State (Sage, 2004), and Introduction to Political Theory (with Paul Graham, Pearson Education, 2006).
- Author(s)John Hoffman
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication28/02/2007
- SubjectPolitical Science & Theory
- Series TitlePolitics Glossaries
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Weight220 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.