All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.98
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
About this product
- Description<b>Drawing on her landmark study involving more than one hundred mothers, a rewned ob-gyn shares the secrets to a good birth.</b> Most doctors think of a good birth only in terms of medical success. But Dr. Anne Lyerly kws firsthand that many important elements are often overlooked. Her three-year study of a diverse group of moms explored what matters most to women during childbirth. The results, presented to the public for the first time in<i>A Good Birth</i>, show what really matters goes beyond the clinical outcome or even the usual questions of hospital versus birthing center, and reveal universal needs of women, like the importance of feeling connected, safe, and respected. The book s wisdom is drawn from in-depth interviews with women with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences, and whose birth stories range from quick and simple to complicated and frightening.Describing what went well, what didn t, and what they d do differently next time, these mothers give voice to the complete experience of childbirth, helping both women and their healthcare providers develop strategies to address the emotional needs of the mother, going beyond the standard birth plans and conversations.Transcending the medical versus natural childbirth debate, <i>A Good Birth</i>turns our attention to the crucial question of what makes the best birth possible.
- Author Biography<b>Anne Drapkin Lyerly, M.D., M.A., </b> is associate director of the Center for Bioethics and an associate professor at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, in the departments of Social Medicine and Obstetrics and Gynecology. She lives in Chapel Hill with her husband and their four sons.
- Author(s)Anne Lyerly
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication18/07/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAvery Publishing Group Inc.,U.S.
- Weight363 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.