Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionThis highly original and compelling book offers an introduction to the art and science of social inquiry, including the theoretical and methodological frameworks that support that inquiry. The new edition offers coverage of post-modernism and Indigeus ways of kwing, as well as a discussion of the research process and how to communicate arguments effectively. The result is a book that blends the best of earlier editions with updates that provide a strong foundation in critical thinking, rooted in the social sciences but relevant across disciplines.
- Author BiographyAlan Sears is Professor of Sociology at Ryerson University. He is the author of The New Left: A History of the Future (2014) and co-author with James Cairns of The Democratic Imagination: Envisioning Popular Power in the Twenty-First Century (2012). James Cairns is Associate Professor in the Contemporary Studies Department at Wilfrid Laurier University, Brantford. He is the co-author with Alan Sears of A Good Book, In Theory (third edition, 2015) and The Democratic Imagination: Envisioning Popular Power in the Twenty-First Century (2012).
- Author(s)Alan Sears,James Cairns
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication13/03/2015
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Weight430 g
- Width148 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.