All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
About this product
- DescriptionBorn in 1919, Cyril Handel Grant grew up in a close, loving family in Sparkbrook, Birmingham. But when a tragedy occurred at the age of eight, Cyril's life changed dramatically and he found comfort and hope in religion. As a young Free Church minister Cyril travelled to the United States shortly after the Second World War and witnessed the birth of a nation as leader of the free world. On returning to England with an American wife, Cyril and a fellow minister spent ten years in the industrial North, attempting to build up a chapel and its neglected congregation. After a world tour he returned to Bristol, where he had spent his teenage years, and set up the first branch of the Samaritans in the city. Cyril's story, covering a remarkable ten decades, is a triumph of hope and inspiration. His evident good humour and deep commitment to helping humanity shines through and today, in his mid-90s, Cyril continues to exude positivity and warmth. This is the story of a remarkable, yet modest man.
- Author(s)Cyril Handel Grant
- PublisherSilverWood Books Ltd
- Date of Publication11/12/2013
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSilverWood Books Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.