All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.61Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.04Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.75Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $19.76Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.67
About this product
- DescriptionA Good School follows the adolescent adventures of William Grove, a boy with father figure (his parents are divorced) who tries to make a man out of himself after he is shipped to a boarding school designed for children who don't fit in. Left to his own devices, without any real encouragement from the school or at home, and after several difficult missteps that nearly cement him as a permanent outcast, William slowly and unkwingly begins to make a name for himself by throwing himself into the only small door he is ever offered - the offices of the school paper. This is a strangely uplifting tale of adolescence, slightly reminiscent of Catcher in the Rye .
- Author BiographyRichard Yates was born in 1926 in New York and lived in California. His prize-winning stories began to appear in 1953, and Revolutionary Road, his first novel, was nominated for the National Book Award in 1961. He died in 1992.
- Author(s)Richard Yates
- PublisherMethuen Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication07/09/2006
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMethuen Publishing Ltd
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.