Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published in 1992, A Grammar of Old English, Volume 1: Phology was a landmark publication that in the intervening years has t been surpassed in its depth of scholarship and usefulness to the field. With the 2011 posthumous publication of Richard M. Hogg's Volume 2: Morphology, Volume 1 is again in print, w in paperback, so that scholars can own this complete work. * Takes account of major developments both in the field of Old English studies and in linguistic theory * Takes full advantage of the Dictionary of Old English project at Toronto, and includes full cross-references to the DOE data * Fully utilizes work in phonemic and generative theory and related topics * Provides material crucial for future research both in diachronic and synchronic phology and in historical sociolinguistics
- Author BiographyThe late Richard M. Hogg was Professor of English Language at the University of Manchester. He was the General Editor of the Cambridge History of the English Language and author, with C. B. McCully, of Metrical Phonology: A Coursebook (1987), and editor, with David Denison, of A History of the English Language (2008).
- Author(s)Richard M. Hogg
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication04/02/2011
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Weight548 g
- Width155 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.