Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a Festschrift for Kenneth Cracknell on the occasion of his 65th birthday. Cracknell has had an astonishingly varied career leading him to hold a number of distinguished positions. From being a missionary educator in Nigeria, and then a pastoral minister in Loughborough, he became the first Secretary of the Committee for Relations with People of Other Faiths of the British Council of Churches. Later he held the Michael C. Gutteridge Chair of Systematic and Pastoral Theology at Wesley House, Cambridge, and he is w Director of Global Studies and Professor of Theology and Mission at Brite Divinity School, Texas Christian University. In hour of Cracknell's own achievements his distinguished colleagues, friends and students here survey the achievements of Christian theologies of religion in the recent past, examining such themes as 'Jesus in Islam', 'Translating the Gospel Everywhere' and 'John Wesley as Interreligious Resource'. They also look at themes and issues that currently engage Christian theologians and missiologists in a multi-faith context: 'Christians and Religious Pluralism in the Netherlands', 'Religion and Peace Making in South Africa', 'A Theology of Jewish-Christian Dialogue', 'Theological Education in Today's Multi-Religious Setting' among others. This collection of essays makes a significant contribution to Christian hope in our diverse world at the beginning of the third millennium.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Martin Forward is Academic Dean of Wesley House, Cambridge, and a member of the Cambridge University Faculty of Divinity. Stephen Plant is European Affairs Secretary for the British Methodist Church. Susan White is Alberta H. and Harold L. Lunger Professor of Spiritual Resources at Brite Divinity School, Texas Christian University.
- Author(s)Martin Forward,Stephen Plant,Susan J White
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication01/06/2000
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Content Note1 ill.
- Weight790 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Edited byEditors,Martin Forward,Stephen Plant,Susan White
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.