CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.45
About this product
- DescriptionJohn Anderson tells the tale of how a humble insurance clerk from Guildford came to rove the world covering some of the biggest sports events of the past 25 years. Now updated with six new chapters including his stories and insights from the heart of the England camp during World Cup 2010 and Euro 2012, A Great Face for Radio is a hilarious memoir of his experiences as a radio sports correspondent and commentator. While reporting from Olympic Games, World Cups and world title fights, John has been in the thick of football riots, was almost arrested during the 1996 Atlanta bombing, had to flee bottle-wielding fans at a rap gig and survived gunfire during a high-speed car chase to a Johannesburg brothel. He has rubbed shoulders with stars such as Pele, Mike Tyson, Dame Kelly Holmes and Carl Lewis, and once interviewed David Beckham in a French gents toilet.
- Author BiographyJohn Anderson is a freelance sports commentator, reporter and writer with over a quarter of a century's broadcasting experience. He has covered six Olympic Games, three World Cups and more than 150 England internationals. He currently works for Sky Sports, BBC Sport and talkSPORT, for whom he is the England football correspondent.
- Author(s)John Anderson
- PublisherPitch Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- SubjectAutobiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPitch Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.