A Guide to Co-Teaching: Practical Tips for Facilitating Student Learning by SAGE Publications Inc (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $64.97+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPraise for the First Edition: A Guide to Co-Teaching is a must-have text. All members of the school community will find something useful in this book and what they find will guarantee that student learning is improved. --Douglas Fisher, Associate Professor of Teacher Education San Diego State University The book provides a road map for how special and general education teachers can work to effectively meet the needs of students with and without disabilities while working in classrooms that model cooperation and respect. --Mary Falvey, Professor of Special Education California State University, Los AngelesThis second edition of the best-selling A Guide to Co-Teaching: Practical Tips for Facilitating Student Learning highlights the benefits and challenges of co-teaching to address the No Child Left Behind requirement that all students have access to highly qualified teachers, as well as IDEA's requirement that students with disabilities have access to the general education curriculum.Written by experts who practice the co-teaching they advocate, this new edition features new descriptive content of the four approaches to co-teaching (supportive teaching, parallel teaching, complementary teaching, and team teaching) that accurately reflects best practice and current research in teaching and observation. The authors have also updated references throughout the text, expanded the coverage of Response to Intervention, and added a discussion on the role of paraprofessionals in co-teaching. Practitioners embarking on this collaborative teaching approach will find tips on why some co-teaching arrangements work where others fail; straightforward self-assessments to ensure teaching goals are being met; ideas for empowering co-teachers, paraprofessionals, and administrators to thrive as partners; and a discussion of how administrators can support teachers in co-teaching environments.
- Author BiographyJacqueline S. Thousand is a professor in the College of Education at California State University, San Marcos, and coordinates the special education professional preparation and master's programs. She previously taught at the University of Vermont, where she directed Inclusion Facilitator and Early Childhood/Special Education graduate and postgraduate professional preparation programs and coordinated federal grants concerned with inclusion of students with disabilities in local schools. Thousand is a nationally known teacher, author, systems change consultant, and disability rights and inclusive education advocate. She has authored numerous books, research articles, and chapters on issues related to inclusive schooling, organizational change strategies, differentiated instruction and universal design, cooperative group learning, collaborative teaming and teaching, creative problem solving, and positive behavioral supports. Thousand is actively involved in international teacher education and inclusive education endeavors and serves on the editorial boards of several national and international journals. Richard A. Villa is president of Bayridge Consortium, Inc. His primary field of expertise is the development of administrative and instructional support systems for educating all students within general education settings. Villa is recognized as an educational leader who inspires and works collaboratively with others to implement current and emerging exemplary educational practices. His work has resulted in the inclusion of children with intensive cognitive, physical, and emotional challenges as full members of the general education community in the school districts where he has worked and consulted. Villa has been a classroom teacher, special education administrator, pupil personnel services director, and director of instructional services and has authored 4 books and over 70 articles and chapters. Known for his enthusiastic, humorous style, Villa has presented at international, national, and state educational conferences and has provided technical assistance to departments of education in the United States, Canada, Vietnam, and Honduras and to university personnel, public school systems, and parent and advocacy organizations. Ann I. Nevin is professor emerita at Arizona State University and visiting professor at Florida International University. The author of books, research articles, and numerous chapters, Nevin is recognized for her scholarship and dedication to providing meaningful, practice-oriented, research-based strategies for teachers to integrate students with special learning needs. Since the 1970s, she has co-developed various innovative teacher education programs that affect an array of personnel, including the Vermont Consulting Teacher Program, Collaborative Consultation Project Re-Tool sponsored by the Council for Exceptional Children, the Arizona State University program for special educators to infuse self-determination skills throughout the curriculum, and the Urban SEALS (Special Education Academic Leaders) doctoral program at Florida International University. Her advocacy, research, and teaching spans more than 38 years of working with a diverse array of people to help students with disabilities succeed in normalized school environments. Nevin is known for action-oriented presentations, workshops, and classes that are designed to meet the individual needs of participants by encouraging introspection and personal discovery for optimal learning.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication06/05/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Out-of-print date02/05/2013
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight630 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byAnn I. Nevin,Jacqueline S. Thousand,Richard A. Villa
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.