All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Newgate Prison to Covent Garden and from his childhood home in Camden to his place of burial in Westminster Abbey, 'A Pocket Guide To Dickens' London' traces the influence of the capital on the life and work of one of Britain's best-loved and well-kwn authors. Featuring over forty sites - places of worship and of business, streets and bridges - 'A Pocket Guide to Dickens' London' t only locates and illustrates locations from works such as Great Expectations and Little Dorrit but demonstrates how the architecture and landscape of the city influenced Dickens' work throughout his life. Each site is illustrated with substantial quotations from Dickens' own writing about the city he loved. With this book in their pockets, visitors to London in 2012, two hundred years after Dickens' birth, will be able to slip away from the Olympic Games and explore parts of London they might otherwise never see. And the residents of London who think they kw the city will be surprised by the Dickens connections to be found around every corner.
- Author BiographyDaniel Tyler lectures in English literature at Oxford University, specialising in Romantic and Victorian Literature, particularly the poetics of the Victorian novel.
- Author(s)Daniel Tyler
- PublisherHesperus Press Ltd
- Date of Publication24/02/2012
- SubjectFiction Companions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHesperus Press Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.