All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis important book provides a concise exposition of the basic ideas of the theory of distribution and Fourier transforms and its application to partial differential equations. The author clearly presents the ideas, precise statements of theorems, and explanations of ideas behind the proofs. Methods in which techniques are used in applications are illustrated, and many problems are included. The book also introduces several significant recent topics, including pseudodifferential operators, wave front sets, wavelets, and quasicrystals. Background mathematical prerequisites have been kept to a minimum, with only a kwledge of multidimensional calculus and basic complex variables needed to fully understand the concepts in the book.A Guide to Distribution Theory and Fourier Transforms can serve as a textbook for parts of a course on Applied Analysis or Methods of Mathematical Physics, and in fact it is used that way at Cornell.
- Author(s)Robert S. Strichartz
- PublisherWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication16/06/2003
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Weight422 g
- Width147 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.38
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.