All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionA Guide to Elementary Number Theory is a short exposition of the topics considered in a first course in number theory. It is intended for those who have had some exposure to the material before but have half-forgotten it, and also for those who may have never taken a course in number theory but who want to understand it without having to engage with the more traditional texts which are often extensive, and dense. Number theory has an impressive history, which this guide investigates. Rather than being a textbook with exercises and solutions, this guide is an exploration of this interesting and exciting field. Its important results are all included, usually with accompanying proofs: the Quadratic Reciprocity Theorem is proved as Gauss did it. The material has been chosen to be maximally broad whilst remaining concise and accessible.
- Author BiographyUnderwood Dudley was born in New York City in 1937. He has bachelor's and master's degrees from the Carnegie Institute of Technology and received the Ph.D. degree (number theory) from the University of Michigan in 1965. He taught at the Ohio State University and at DePauw University, from which he retired in 2004. He is the author of three books on mathematical oddities, The Trisectors, Mathematical Cranks, and Numerology, an elementary number theory text, and is the editor of two collections of mathematical pieces. He has edited the College Mathematics Journal, the Pi Mu Epsilon Journal, and two of the Mathematical Association of America's book series. He has served as the MAA's Polya lecturer and has received its Distinguished Service Award. He is a member of the MAA, the American Mathematical Society, and the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics.
- Author(s)Underwood Dudley
- PublisherMathematical Association of America
- Date of Publication25/03/2010
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleDolciani Mathematical Expositions
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 41
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMathematical Association of America
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight320 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.