All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionLying at the intersection of translatology, cognitive science and linguistics, this brief provides a comprehensive framework for studying, investigating and teaching English-Russian/Russian-English n-literary translation. It provides a holistic perspective on the process of n-literary translation, illustrating each of its steps with carefully analyzed real-life examples. Readers will learn how to choose and process multidimensional attention units in original texts by activating different types of kwledge, as well as how to effectively devise target-language matches for them using various translation techniques. It is rounded out with handy and feasible recommendations on the structure and content of an undergraduate course in translation. The abundance of examples makes it suitable t only for use in the classroom, but also for independent study.
- Author BiographyDr. Alexandr Zaytsev is a professional translator. He holds the position of Assistant Professor with the Department of Foreign Languages at the Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University (Moscow, Russia). He took his graduate training during 2003-2006 at the Moscow State Linguistic University, where he earned his PhD under Professor Vladimir Nayer. He has published over twenty articles and two monographs in the areas of Translation Studies and stylistics. Drawing on his extensive experience in the fields of scientific and technical translation, Dr. Zaytsev lectures on theory of translation, stylistics, and academic writing. He is a member of the European Society for Translation Studies.
- Author(s)Alexander Zaytsev
- PublisherSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Date of Publication06/06/2016
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Linguistics
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 1 colour illustrations, 3 black & white tables, biography
- Weight391 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.