All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhether you are a student taking an introductory MEMS course or a practising engineer who needs to get up to speed quickly on MEMS design, this practical guide provides the hands-on experience needed to design, fabricate and test MEMS devices. You will learn how to use foundry multi-project fabrication processes for low-cost MEMS projects, as well as computer-aided design tools (layout, modeling) that can be used for the design of MEMS devices. Numerous design examples are described and analysed, from fields including micro-mechanics, electrostatics, optical MEMS, thermal MEMS and fluidic MEMS. There's also a final chapter on packaging and testing MEMS devices, as well as exercises and design challenges at the end of every chapter. Solutions to the design challenge problems are provided online.
- Author BiographyJoel Kubby is a Professor of Electrical Engineering in the Baskin School of Engineering at the University of California, Santa Cruz. Prior to this, he was an Area Manager with the Xerox Wilson Center for Research and Technology and a Member of Technical Staff at the Webster Research Center in Rochester, New York. He has led a six-company industrial research consortium under the National Institute of Standards and Technology's Advanced Technology Program (ATP) to develop a new process for optical MEMS, and he has over 80 patents.
- Author(s)Joel A. Kubby
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication25/08/2011
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note132 b/w illus. 1 table 33 exercises
- Weight320 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.