Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.26Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.49Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.58Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionDealing with all aspects of Monte Carlo simulation of complex physical systems encountered in condensed-matter physics and statistical mechanics, this book provides an introduction to computer simulations in physics. This fourth edition contains extensive new material describing numerous powerful algorithms t covered in previous editions, in some cases representing new developments that have only recently appeared. Older methodologies whose impact was previously unclear or unappreciated are also introduced, in addition to many small revisions that bring the text and cited literature up to date. This edition also introduces the use of petascale computing facilities in the Monte Carlo arena. Throughout the book there are many applications, examples, recipes, case studies, and exercises to help the reader understand the material. It is ideal for graduate students and researchers, both in academia and industry, who want to learn techniques that have become a third tool of physical science, complementing experiment and analytical theory.
- Author BiographyDavid P. Landau is the Distinguished Research Professor of Physics and founding Director of the Center for Simulational Physics at the University of Georgia, USA. Kurt Binder is Professor Emeritus of Theoretical Physics and Gutenberg Fellow at the Institut fur Physik, Johannes Gutenberg Universitat, Mainz, Germany.
- Author(s)David P. Landau,Kurt Binder
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication13/11/2014
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note172 b/w illus.
- Weight1050 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.