All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSaving the planet for future generations is a laudable aim, but what about the current populace? Why wait when even quite small lifestyle changes can make a big difference w? A Guide to Natural Housekeeping is full of advice and information to help you take a more sustainable path. Recycling, reusing and shopping at farmers' markets are a good start, but cutting down on the use of poisous chemicals is just as important - it's perfectly possible to clean a house using thing more than lemons, bicarbonate of soda, vinegar and plain water. Here old-fashioned methods are complemented by newer ideas and invations, and applied t only to cleaning but also to caring for clothes, furniture, and even silver and glassware. Growing some of your own vegetables, fruit and herbs can be very satisfying, and you can use any extras to make jams, oils and chutneys using the handy tips and delicious recipes. Make beauty preparations and bath oils, too, for soothing, effective treatments to enhance everyday health and wellbeing. To become eco-friendly doesn't require self-sacrifice - just some readjustment; and by following the advice in this valuable guide you will find yourself living a calmer, greener life.
- Author BiographyChristina Strutt runs Cabbages & Roses, a fabric company that specializes in historic rural printed fabrics for fashion, accessories and interiors. Cabbages & Roses has three shops in London and one in Tokyo, plus outlets in selected Jigsaw stores, and all products are available worldwide through their website www.cabbagesandroses.com. Her previous books include Vintage Crafts, At Home with Country, Homemade Vintage and Vintage Chic, all published by CICO Books.
- Author(s)Christina Strutt
- PublisherRyland, Peters & Small Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2012
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCICO Books
- Content Note300 colour photographs
- Weight638 g
- Width235 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
- Edition StatementUK Edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.