Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.36Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.12Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an informal and accessible introduction to plane algebraic curves that also serves as a natural entry point to algebraic geometry. There is a unifying theme to the book: give curves eugh living space and beautiful theorems will follow. This book provides the reader with a solid intuition for the subject, while at the same time keeping the exposition simple and understandable, by introducing abstract concepts with concrete examples and pictures. It can be used as the text for an undergraduate course on plane algebraic curves, or as a companion to algebraic geometry at graduate level. This book is accessible to those with a limited mathematical background. This is because for those outside mathematics there is a growing need for an entree to algebraic geometry, a need created by the ever-expanding role algebraic geometry is playing in areas ranging from biology to chemistry and robotics to cryptology.
- Author BiographyKeith Kendig is a Professor of Mathematics at Cleveland State University.
- Author(s)Keith Kendig
- PublisherMathematical Association of America
- Date of Publication12/04/2012
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleDolciani Mathematical Expositions
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMathematical Association of America
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight400 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.