All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.14
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive guide to ovarian cancer offers a wealth of information to ease the physical, emotional, and psychic suffering of women with the disease. The authors-two Johns Hopkins gynecologic oncologists and a gynecologic-oncology clinical nurse-put particular emphasis on the concept of survivorship, or living life well in the face of daunting uncertainties. They stress the importance of self-determination: the right of each patient to be informed, involved, and in control of her care. Up-to-date information on diagsis and treatment, including surgery, chemotherapy, radiation, pain management, and alternative therapies, forms the core of the book. But the authors' immense clinical experience also means they understand what women worry about and care about, and they address these issues with true compassion. Stressing quality of life, self-determination, and living life to the fullest, this remarkable book speaks to women with ovarian cancer everywhere.
- Author BiographyDr. F. J. Montz (1955-2002) was a professor of gynecology and obstetrics, surgery, and oncology at the Johns Hopkins Hospital and Medical Institutions. Dr. Robert E. Bristow is an associate professor of gynecology and obstetrics and oncology at the Johns Hopkins Hospital and Medical Institutions. Paula J. Anastasia is a gynecologic-oncology clinical nurse specialist at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
- Author(s)F. J. Montz,Robert E. Bristow
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication06/05/2005
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Series TitleA Johns Hopkins Press Health Book
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Note1, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight272 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.