Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.08Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $16.73Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Guide to Teaching Violin is a sharing of my ideas and methods with both the vice and veteran teacher, from the kwledge I have accumulated over a lifetime in my private studio. Included in this guide are: 1.Quotes on defining music 2.An overview of teaching music, One Step at a Time 3.The fundamentals of teaching violin 4.The young child 5.The older youth or adult 6.Students who need remedial training 7.Selecting the violin and bow 8.The care of the violin and bow 9.Parental involvement 10.Performances and memorization 11.Teaching music beyond the tes 12.A guide to a rote beginning 13.An introduction to te reading 14.Teaching the fundamentals of music 15.Famous pedagogues and their unique teaching methods 16.Virtuoso violinists of the past and present 17.A string syllabus for the early years of teaching 18.Conclusion 19. Bibliography Endorsement: Easy as Do Re Mi is a wonderful classroom series that is a powerful resource for any string educator. Based on years of experience, thoughtful teaching practice, and strong pedagogical background, Jennie Lou Klim has developed a method that will work well in a variety of settings for students of diverse ages, situations, and backgrounds. Emphasizing tonality, finger patterns, and rhythmic patterns at the beginning stages, the book is clear and systematic. Rhythmic competency is emphasized through the repertoire introduced in the books and fingerings are never over-tated. The clean look makes this a natural for older beginning students as well. I am pleased to recommend Easy as Do Re Mi for classroom instruction. Scott Laird Music Instructor and Fine Arts Coordinator at the North Caroline School of Science and Mathematics. He is an active string educator, performer, recording artist, and conductor. His orchestras have been recognized at the local, regional, and national level for their superior and musically mature performances.
- Author BiographyJennie Lou Klim began her study of violin at the age of 6 with Ellen Reid Carter, a Professor of Music who had studied at the New England Conservatory, the Fontainebleau in the Paris Conservatory, and in the private studio of Leopold Auer in New York. She remained a student with Mrs. Carter for 12 years. After receiving her Bachelor of Arts degree in music from Western College, Oxford, OH, J. L. Klim attended numerous ASTA workshops at Indiana University, Bloomington, IN; University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI; Chautauqua, NY; Bolzano, Italy; and Lausanne, Switzerland. As a professional violinist, she played in the Dayton Philharmonic, Dayton, OH; Tampa Philharmonic, Tampa FL; Johnstown Symphony, Johnstown, PA; Orchestra Nova, Pittsburgh, PA; Westmoreland Symphony, Greensburg, PA; and Brevard Symphony Orchestra, Melbourne, FL. As an educator, she has written numerous method books for violin, viola, cello, and bass; begun string programs in public school systems; directed summer string camps; and conducted workshops with beginning, as well as established strings teachers, in Pennsylvania and Florida. Her former students play professionally as members of symphony orchestras, and teach both privately and in the public school systems. Jennie Lou Klim continues an active schedule of writing, teaching, playing, and serving as a consultant or clinician.
- Author(s)Jennie Lou Klim
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication20/04/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight109 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.